- Scientific studies have shown that copper removes bacteria and impurities from water due to what is called the ‘oligodynamic’ effect- the antimicrobial properties of certain metals.
- Copper is an essential trace mineral that our body requires for metabolic functioning
- Since the human body cannot synthesize copper, we need to obtain it from dietary sources. Foods such as nuts, legumes, leafy greens and seafood can be great sources of copper. However, they only provide small amounts of copper, leading us to find the balance from other sources like drinking copper infused water.
- Copper helps neutralize toxins, ionize and balance the pH in water making the water fit for consumption.
- Other benefits include: reducing inflammation, improving digestion and boosting immunity
How Do I Get Started?
- Buy a copper vessel from Vasanti ( They are the most, pure, most beautiful, and the company donates to charitable organizations.)
- Clean your vessel using a half of a lemon. I like to squeeze the juice out and then use the rind like a sponge to gently scrub the vessel. Rinse well. (I clean mine every 2 days or so) It is like a meditation practice in and of itself.
- Store your vessel on your altar or other clean sacred place in your house. Fill it with fresh filtered water every evening and let the copper infuse into the water as you sleep. If there is a full moon, place the vessel under the moonlight. The water will become ultra charged with cooling and nourishing moon qualities.
- Sip this water throughout the day. Personally I like to start my day off with a cup of hot lemon water in a separate mug, and use the copper water as my room temperature special drinking water.